Amazon has the K’NEX STEM Explorations Roller Coaster Building Set (546 Pcs) for ONLY $29.43 Shipped (Was $44.90)!
- 95% plastic, 5% rubber
- 546 ASSORTED PIECES –This K’NEX Education set includes 546 parts, plus a battery-powered motor, for a single child or a team of two to three children building a working roller coaster. Two additional models are also included in this set — a ramp and a half-pipe — which can be built one at a time. The set requires two AA batteries, which are not included.
- OFFERS HANDS-ON LEARNING – K’NEX Education models offer proactive opportunities for introducing children to scientific inquiry, investigation, and experimentation. Inquiry-based lessons challenge young learners as they build, investigate, problem-solve, discuss, and evaluate scientific and design principles in action.
- EXPERIMENT GUIDE – Once a ride is built, an activity booklet guides learners through three hands-on, inquiry-based experiments. This experiment guide aligns with the national STEM standards and is designed for grades 5‒9. Students will learn about the relationships between time, distance, speed, and more!
- PROMOTES TEAMWORK – This educational engineering set is more fun when constructed with friends. One to three kids can put their heads together and figure out the structure, exchanging ideas as they tinker with the bits and parts, and solving the model faster through teamwork. They’ll build camaraderie and develop social skills as they play.
- STEAMagination: It’s the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) with a child’s natural curiosity and creativity and it powers the fun of each and every K’NEX building set. Building with K’NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
- LESSON PLANS AND EXPERIMENTS: All K’NEX Education sets come with either a comprehensive guide for teachers or an experiment guide for student-led learning. All lesson plans and experiment guides are written by expert educators and feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects that engage students in today’s busy classroom.